Contributing to Superannuation
Contributions to super include employer contributions, after tax contributions, salary sacrifice and deductible self-employed contributions.
Adhering to the specified contribution limits will ensure you avoid additional tax on your contributions.
Learn about when you can contribute to super and the types of contributions that can be made and tax incentives that are available.
By the end of the book, this is what you will know:
- List the eligibility rules to contribute to superannuation including age and working requirements
- Outline the types of contributions that can be accepted by a superannuation fund and the taxation consequences of each
- Identify in-specie contributions
- Describe co-contributions to superannuation
- Explain the spouse contribution tax offset
- Outline the requirements for splitting of spouse contributions
- Explain SuperStream and employer contributions