2017 Superannuation Reform – What this means for you
The ‘˜Fair and Sustainable Superannuation’ package announced in the 2016/17 Budget contains the most significant superannuation changes since 2007. Many of these proposals became law on 29 November 2016.
This eBook covers what these changes could mean for you, with most changes becoming effective from 1 July 2017.
By the end of the book, this is what you will know:
- How the $1.6 million transfer balance
- Changes to Transition to Retirement (TTR) Pensions
- Transitional CGT relief to assist with complying with the above changes
- Reduction in the Div 293 high income threshold
- Reduction in the concessional and non-concessional contribution caps
- Catch up of unused concessional contributions
- Allowable personal deductible contributions from 1 July 2017
- Carry forward of unused non-concessional contributions
- Changes to the tax offset for spouse contributions