Buying Property with Super – The Pros & Cons
Did you know that you may be able to use your super to buy an investment property? Would you like to find out how?
This eBook has been written to help you navigate this new investment opportunity and understand the risks and mistakes to avoid.
Potential benefits of buying a property through your superannuation fund (if appropriate for you):
- Potentially fast track the growth of your super fund (if you choose your property investment well and it grows in value)
- Reduce the cost of buying your investment property on an after tax basis
- Ability to combine the total superannuation of a family towards a property investment
- Reduce your Capital Gains Tax (potentially to zero)
By the end of the book, this is what you will know:
- What you can and cannot do in a Self-Managed Super Fund (SMSF)
- Benefits of using an SMSF to buy a property
- Challenges and pitfalls you need to know about
- Using the correct trust structures
- Know how to correctly source and set up the finance
- Mistakes to avoid
- Case study