Buying Property with Super – The Pros & Cons
Did you know that you may be able to use your super to buy an investment property? Would you like to find out how?
This eBook has been written to help you navigate this investment opportunity, including Limited Recourse Borrowing Arrangements (LRBAs).
The purpose of this eBook is to focus on some of the issues surrounding buying properties within SMSFs. We will look at some of the basics, including what you can and cannot do, as well how to set up a property investment within an SMSF and how to arrange finance. In addition, we will outline the potential pitfalls and benefits of this investment method.
By the end of the book, this is what you will know:
- Basics of property in Self-Managed Super Funds (SMSFs)
- What you can and cannot do in an SMSF
- Benefits of using an SMSF to buy a property
- Setting up a Limited Recourse Borrowing Arranagement (LRBA) to purchase property in your SMSF
- Using the correct trust structure
- Arranging appropriate finance in an SMSF
- SMSF property mistakes & challenges to avoid
- 2017 superannuation reform